In this episode, we’ll take another trip across the Atlantic for a stopover in the city of Slough, England, just some 45 minutes west of London to talk with my good friend Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ.
I first learned about Kevin’s work cooking with live fire via his Instagram account. Do yourself a favor and give it a follow over @edge_bbq. The images are stunning, and you can get a sense of the enjoyment Kevin derives from cooking for his friends and family.
Brands discussed in this episode include:
We’ll also learn that Kevin’s expertise cooking with live fire is something that’s come to him over the past several years.
I love these kinds of stories, as they reinforce an idea shared time and time again from real-life chefs such as the late great Julia Childs as well as fictional ones seen in animated films like Ratatouille… the idea that no matter where we begin in our cooking, grilling and smoking food journey – anyone can cook!
Follow Edge BBQ:
Follow the BBQ Beat:
- Website: https://bbqbeat.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bbqbeat/
- Get the Newsletter: http://bit.ly/bbqbeatnews
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQTalking with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ (UK) about his British BBQ journey, his growing success on Instagram, and his two sociopathic chickens! Keep Reading »
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin WilsonTalking sous vide and live fire cooking with Darrin Wilson of the Fire and Water Cooking Channel. Up your grilling game with tips shared here! Keep Reading »
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game DayIn this episode, I am joined by Daina Falk of HungryFan.com. Daina is all about the Game Day Food Experience, and her website showcases recipes guaranteed to make any tailgating or “homegating” experience a Win! Keep Reading »
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.comIn this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with Saffron Hodgson, founder, and editor of Bushcooking.com. Billed as the ultimate location to find all your outdoor cooking needs, from recipes to techniques. Keep Reading »
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey TagleIn this episode, I talk with Rey Tagle, Home Charcuterie Master, about how to make charcuterie at home. There are lots of tips and resources in this one! Keep Reading »
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQIn this episode, I talk with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ about his history in BBQ, some key things competitors should know, and much more! Keep Reading »
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas MonthlyIn this episode, Daniel Vaughn and I talk about his thoughts on preserving BBQ history in Texas, his love of capturing BBQ narratives, and much more. Keep Reading »
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemoreThis episode features the Masterbuilt Gravity Series as well as a very interesting story about the Masterbuilt Company’s history, its mission, and values. Keep Reading »
- Talking About BBQ in Norway American StyleKevin talks with Norwegian native Dag Ødegaard and his Texas native wife Angela Taliaferro about their BBQ shop and restaurant ventures in Norway. Keep Reading »
- Halal BBQ Pitmasters out of Dallas Talk Food, Culture, and Eating WellIn this episode, I talk with Zahid Ahmad, Rehan Jaffrey, and Neghae Mawla from Halal BBQ Pitmasters out of the Dallas, TX area. Keep Reading »