Thanks for checking out this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast. In this episode, David Stidham of A Fine Swine BBQ talks about his passion for smoked food, his love of family, and the joys of bringing it all together.
David was a real pleasure to speak to. He’s a genuine fan of BBQ culture and he doesn’t take no for an answer when it comes to doing what’s right — no matter the challenge. What I came to appreciate the most about David during our nearly two hour-long conversation (not all of which makes it into this session) is his dedication to doing things right, even when conventional wisdom dictates he should take another path.
As you listen to this recording via the player above, pay special attention to the story of how A Fine Swine came to be. From the sauce that started it all, to the restaurant now thriving at 423 W Hanover St, New Baden, IL, it’s all in here.
A Fine Swine BBQ Restaurant Photo Gallery
I haven’t visited the restaurant myself, but it’s for sure on my bucket list of must try BBQ places. Here are some photos from the A Fine Swine Facebook Page that I thought you’d enjoy.
This was just a great call. David wants to be sure that people know that achieving dreams is possible if you work hard. More importantly, he stresses that you need to be purposeful about where and how you set up shop, and be sure to surround yourself with good people.
Lastly, David is serious about being open and available to you via Facebook or email if you have any questions about the restaurant business, especially since you’re a fan of this show!
About the BBQ Beat Podcast
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQTalking with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ (UK) about his British BBQ journey, his growing success on Instagram, and his two sociopathic chickens! Keep Reading »
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin WilsonTalking sous vide and live fire cooking with Darrin Wilson of the Fire and Water Cooking Channel. Up your grilling game with tips shared here! Keep Reading »
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game DayIn this episode, I am joined by Daina Falk of HungryFan.com. Daina is all about the Game Day Food Experience, and her website showcases recipes guaranteed to make any tailgating or “homegating” experience a Win! Keep Reading »
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.comIn this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with Saffron Hodgson, founder, and editor of Bushcooking.com. Billed as the ultimate location to find all your outdoor cooking needs, from recipes to techniques. Keep Reading »
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey TagleIn this episode, I talk with Rey Tagle, Home Charcuterie Master, about how to make charcuterie at home. There are lots of tips and resources in this one! Keep Reading »
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQIn this episode, I talk with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ about his history in BBQ, some key things competitors should know, and much more! Keep Reading »
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas MonthlyIn this episode, Daniel Vaughn and I talk about his thoughts on preserving BBQ history in Texas, his love of capturing BBQ narratives, and much more. Keep Reading »
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemoreThis episode features the Masterbuilt Gravity Series as well as a very interesting story about the Masterbuilt Company’s history, its mission, and values. Keep Reading »