One of the best parts about hosting the BBQ Beat Podcast is having the chance to connect with a become friends with some amazing people. In this podcast episode, I speak with Arnie Segovia of Smokin’ Lonestar, based out of Edinburg , TX… way down in Southern Texas.
My initial awareness of Arnie and his work with Smokin’ Lonestar came by way of one of many videos he posts on his Facebook Page as well as his Team’s Facebook Page. I’m sure you’ll agree, that Arnie’s putting out some great stuff! I love his energy and the way he goes about sharing his knowledge of BBQ and live fire cooking.
Here are two of the videos you’ll find on Arnie’s YouTube Channel:
Perfect Brisket: Trim, Tricks, and Tips
This video gives you a good idea of what Arnie delivers in his BBQ classes.
Note: Arnie shares his thoughts on the Hasty Bake Grill shown in this video. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about these grills. You can find more information about Hasty Bake grills on their Amazon channel.
Perfect Brisket Trimming & Cook at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill
In this video, Arnie is consulting with the good folks at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill in McAllen, TX. It’s a great way to see how trimming briskets for restaurants might best be done, along with getting some good general tips on making brisket part of your restaurant menu.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast Episode
Arnie mentions a few great resources for gaining more knowledge about BBQ. Here are some links for you:
Connect with Arnie Segovia Here…
If you’d like to connect with Arnie Segovia and the Smokin’ Lonestar team, you can find him via the following channels:
- Arnie Segovia’s Main ArnieTex Facebook Page
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Facebook (Company)
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Twitter
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on YouTube
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar Website
Special Sponsor Shout Out
BBQ Competition teams live and die many times by the good help offered up by their sponsors. As such, I wanted to give a big shout out to South Texas Outdoor Kitchens in Edinburg, TX – who are big sponsors for Arnie and his Smokin’ Lonestar BBQ team.
Want More Arnie in Your Life?
If you haven’t done so, be sure to also check out the interview Arnie did with Mike Mckenzie over at LearnBBQ.com. Great stuff! Mike does great work. Definitely add him to your podcast player if you haven’t already done so!
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, hosted by Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the BBQ podcast for you.
Questions or Suggestions?
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQTalking with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ (UK) about his British BBQ journey, his growing success on Instagram, and his two sociopathic chickens! Keep Reading »
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin WilsonTalking sous vide and live fire cooking with Darrin Wilson of the Fire and Water Cooking Channel. Up your grilling game with tips shared here! Keep Reading »
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game DayIn this episode, I am joined by Daina Falk of HungryFan.com. Daina is all about the Game Day Food Experience, and her website showcases recipes guaranteed to make any tailgating or “homegating” experience a Win! Keep Reading »
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.comIn this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with Saffron Hodgson, founder, and editor of Bushcooking.com. Billed as the ultimate location to find all your outdoor cooking needs, from recipes to techniques. Keep Reading »
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey TagleIn this episode, I talk with Rey Tagle, Home Charcuterie Master, about how to make charcuterie at home. There are lots of tips and resources in this one! Keep Reading »
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQIn this episode, I talk with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ about his history in BBQ, some key things competitors should know, and much more! Keep Reading »
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas MonthlyIn this episode, Daniel Vaughn and I talk about his thoughts on preserving BBQ history in Texas, his love of capturing BBQ narratives, and much more. Keep Reading »
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemoreThis episode features the Masterbuilt Gravity Series as well as a very interesting story about the Masterbuilt Company’s history, its mission, and values. Keep Reading »