One of the best parts about hosting the BBQ Beat Podcast is having the chance to connect with a become friends with some amazing people. In this podcast episode, I speak with Arnie Segovia of Smokin’ Lonestar, based out of Edinburg , TX… way down in Southern Texas.
My initial awareness of Arnie and his work with Smokin’ Lonestar came by way of one of many videos he posts on his Facebook Page as well as his Team’s Facebook Page. I’m sure you’ll agree, that Arnie’s putting out some great stuff! I love his energy and the way he goes about sharing his knowledge of BBQ and live fire cooking.
Here are two of the videos you’ll find on Arnie’s YouTube Channel:
Perfect Brisket: Trim, Tricks, and Tips
This video gives you a good idea of what Arnie delivers in his BBQ classes.
Note: Arnie shares his thoughts on the Hasty Bake Grill shown in this video. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about these grills. You can find more information about Hasty Bake grills on their Amazon channel.
Perfect Brisket Trimming & Cook at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill
In this video, Arnie is consulting with the good folks at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill in McAllen, TX. It’s a great way to see how trimming briskets for restaurants might best be done, along with getting some good general tips on making brisket part of your restaurant menu.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast Episode
Arnie mentions a few great resources for gaining more knowledge about BBQ. Here are some links for you:
Connect with Arnie Segovia Here…
If you’d like to connect with Arnie Segovia and the Smokin’ Lonestar team, you can find him via the following channels:
- Arnie Segovia’s Main ArnieTex Facebook Page
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Facebook (Company)
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Twitter
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on YouTube
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar Website
Special Sponsor Shout Out
BBQ Competition teams live and die many times by the good help offered up by their sponsors. As such, I wanted to give a big shout out to South Texas Outdoor Kitchens in Edinburg, TX – who are big sponsors for Arnie and his Smokin’ Lonestar BBQ team.
Want More Arnie in Your Life?
If you haven’t done so, be sure to also check out the interview Arnie did with Mike Mckenzie over at LearnBBQ.com. Great stuff! Mike does great work. Definitely add him to your podcast player if you haven’t already done so!
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, hosted by Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the BBQ podcast for you.
Questions or Suggestions?
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.comFire and wine make for amazing food pairings, a fact that’s confirmed and celebrated in this conversation with Mary Cressler and Sean Martin of Vindulge.com. Keep Reading »
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the BrandIn this episode, you’ll get a fantastic history lesson on the Scharbauer family as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their storied 138 year old cattle business. Keep Reading »
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the FunCelebrating 35 years of sanctioning World Class competition BBQ events across the globe is a big deal, and the Kansas City Barbeque Society wants you to join in the fun! Keep Reading »
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and SaucesIn this episode, I talk with 9-time World BBQ Champion Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces. Some great info here! Keep Reading »
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ ThrowdownJason Hardee sits down with me to discuss the Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown series, the BBQ Shootout series, the importance of family and more. Keep Reading »
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack PhillipsTalking Tri-Tip, Premium Burgers and more with Meat District Ambassador and Grilling Enthusiast Zack Phillips. Keep Reading »
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick RichesBBQ Expert Derrick Riches and I talk about the patent litigation currently pending between Traeger Grills and Green Mountain Grills. Keep Reading »
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire LifeLearn why Randy Watson of BBQGuys.com is living his live-fire cooking dream and how you can take steps to achieve yours! Keep Reading »
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »