One of the best parts about hosting the BBQ Beat Podcast is having the chance to connect with a become friends with some amazing people. In this podcast episode, I speak with Arnie Segovia of Smokin’ Lonestar, based out of Edinburg , TX… way down in Southern Texas.
My initial awareness of Arnie and his work with Smokin’ Lonestar came by way of one of many videos he posts on his Facebook Page as well as his Team’s Facebook Page. I’m sure you’ll agree, that Arnie’s putting out some great stuff! I love his energy and the way he goes about sharing his knowledge of BBQ and live fire cooking.
Here are two of the videos you’ll find on Arnie’s YouTube Channel:
Perfect Brisket: Trim, Tricks, and Tips
This video gives you a good idea of what Arnie delivers in his BBQ classes.
Note: Arnie shares his thoughts on the Hasty Bake Grill shown in this video. I’ve heard nothing but awesome things about these grills. You can find more information about Hasty Bake grills on their Amazon channel.
Perfect Brisket Trimming & Cook at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill
In this video, Arnie is consulting with the good folks at the Copper Moon Bar & Grill in McAllen, TX. It’s a great way to see how trimming briskets for restaurants might best be done, along with getting some good general tips on making brisket part of your restaurant menu.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast Episode
Arnie mentions a few great resources for gaining more knowledge about BBQ. Here are some links for you:
Connect with Arnie Segovia Here…
If you’d like to connect with Arnie Segovia and the Smokin’ Lonestar team, you can find him via the following channels:
- Arnie Segovia’s Main ArnieTex Facebook Page
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Facebook (Company)
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on Twitter
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar on YouTube
- Arnie Segovia – Smokin’ Lonestar Website
Special Sponsor Shout Out
BBQ Competition teams live and die many times by the good help offered up by their sponsors. As such, I wanted to give a big shout out to South Texas Outdoor Kitchens in Edinburg, TX – who are big sponsors for Arnie and his Smokin’ Lonestar BBQ team.
Visit South Texas Outdoor Kitchens and BBQ Supply Here
Want More Arnie in Your Life?
If you haven’t done so, be sure to also check out the interview Arnie did with Mike Mckenzie over at LearnBBQ.com. Great stuff! Mike does great work. Definitely add him to your podcast player if you haven’t already done so!
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, hosted by Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the BBQ podcast for you.
Questions or Suggestions?
Have a question or a podcast guest suggestion? Please leave me a message on my contact page. You can also find me on Instagram and via the BBQ Beat Facebook Community.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Razorracks BBQ on Winning Big with a Small FootprintTalking with Drew Davis of Razorracks BBQ about how teams without big rigs, toy haulers, or trailers can still win big on the competition BBQ trail! Topics discussed include the importance of having the right mindset, tips for making the most out of your team’s competition dollars, and much more. Keep Reading »
- Duce Raymond of Sweet Baby Ray’sIn this episode, I talk with Duce Raymond of Sweet Baby Ray’s about the origins of the world’s most popular barbecue sauce. But we go way deeper than that. Duce shares the origins of the iconic Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce, but he also details how one very important lesson from his uncle continues to drive the family’s successful restaurants and catering business forward. Keep Reading »
- Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of BarbecueIt was my great pleasure to sit down for a chat with James Beard Book Award Author Adrian Miller to discuss his latest book, Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of Barbecue. A true scholar, historian, and lover of smoked meats, Adrian and I talk about the contents of this text, along with the reasons he felt it needed to be written. Keep Reading »
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live FireNo one embodies the spirit of crafting amazing food with live fire better than Canada’s Chef Ted Reader. I can’t thank Teddy enough for sitting down and allowing me to record this EPIC chat! Keep Reading »
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.comChris Becker founded CookinPellets to make the best premium BBQ pellets available. Join me for an in-depth look at how and why he did it. Keep Reading »
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. MikeAmy Mills of 17th Street BBQ shares loving memories of her Dad, Mr. Mike Mills, the impact COVID has had on their business, and more. Keep Reading »
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John LindseyIn this episode, I talk with John Lindsey of All Q’ued Up BBQ about his recent Grand Champion win at the 2021 Hog Drop held at the Jack’s Old South compound in Unadilla, GA. Keep Reading »
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters PodcastRusty Monson and Anthony Lujan host the Pitmasters Podcast… and they are on a mission to ignite the passion of cooks everywhere-from amateur to pro-to continue to exceed their own expectations on their journey to Master the Pit! Anyone who loves cooking with live fire and the fun and fellowship of BBQ should make the […]
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy SeriesGreat chat with food sport professional Montana Max about his new ancillary classes offered up on BBQ Champs Academy! Keep Reading »
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoodswith “Maka” Kerkham from Maka Leathergoods in Tasmania. His leather knife rolls are sought after by top chefs and BBQ pitmasters worldwide. Keep Reading »
Leave a Reply