It took a while to pin this guy down, but I finally got a chance to sit down with Craig Tabor. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting Craig or cooking with him, it’s not just an experience, it’s an “Ultimate Experience!”
Craig is a self-proclaimed “Challenge Guy,” and he is always raising the stakes in his BBQ and grilling exploits. He’s created a brand behind the Big Green Craig name that continues to be sought after here in the United States and abroad.
Craig and I talk about his earliest days of cooking, grilling, and smoking on traditional grills and offset smokers. Obviously, we get into his cooking on Big Green Egg kamado style cookers – moving onto some of his favorite experiences from Executive Chef-style cooking events to some of the largest competition and festival venues out there. If you’re still wondering what’s up with the Big Green Egg Fest phenomenon, we talk about that, too!
Be sure to listen through to the end to get a list of people and companies Craig believes deserves the #mustfollow tag.
It was a blast spending the weekend up at Craig’s place in the Atlanta area. Shout out to Craig’s lovely wife Elise for putting up with me for a couple of days. Huge props and much love to Scott and Alicia Wehner (Weeeeeeners IN!) as well as Justin and Kendra Bishop! Thank you all for making the weekend such a blast!
Get In Touch with Craig Tabor
If you’d like to connect with Craig to book events, demos, etc. – you can find him via any one of the following social media channels:
Special Mentions in this podcast include:
- Kick Ash Basket
- Snake River Farms
- Tim Shelburn
- Chris Gentry
- Josh Tahan
- Jack Arnold
- Midland Meat Company
- Dickson Barbeque Centre
- Cheshire Farms Pork
- Patton’s Meat Market
- Wassi’s Meat Market
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- Jon Jackson on Helping Veterans Find Solace and Healing at Comfort Farms
- The Lee Brothers – Hotbox: Inside Catering, the Food World’s Riskiest Business
- Inside the Small Batch World of Oakridge BBQ with Mike Trump
- Sam Jones Talks Whole Hog BBQ, Family, and Friendships at Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q
- Recapping the 2019 Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
- Hanging at Grove Roots Brewing with Bob and Dave from Flame Boss
- Sitting Down with Chef Michael Ollier of Certified Angus Beef
- BBQ Greats Talk About Giving Back at the 2019 Firebox Invitational
- Talking About Cheshire Pork’s Product Line with Joe Riscky of Fort Worth, TX
- Hanging with Tony Roberts of Proud Souls Barbecue and Provisions