Thanks for checking out this session of the BBQ Beat Podcast. This talk with Bryan Mroczka, Head of Pitmaster Operations for Sonny’s BBQ, has been a long time coming. I’ve known Bryan and his family for a few years now, via our mutual involvement with the Florida BBQ Association – me as a judge and the Mroczka’s as the Bull Rush BBQ Team. Not only is Bryan a very talented and highly awarded pitmaster, but he and his family are also some of the very nicest and welcoming people you’d ever hope to meet.
Sonny’s BBQ Random Acts of BBQ and National Pulled Pork Day
Two areas of focus in this chat with Bryan Mroczka are Sonny’s efforts to give back to their community via the Random Acts of BBQ program and the upcoming October 12th National Pulled Pork Day event in Winter Park, FL.
Sonny’s Random Acts of BBQ
Sonny’s Random Acts of BBQ is a program the company developed to highlight and honor the efforts of individuals who go above and beyond to give selflessly to their communities. Through a nominating platform located on the Random Acts of BBQ website, anyone can nominate people they feel fit this description. If selected by Sonny’s BBQ, the company arranges to roll out a full-service catered BBQ party to honor these amazing people.
Sonny’s National Pulled Pork Day – October 12th
Starting this year, Sonny’s BBQ is joining the National Pork Board and the National BBQ Association (NBBQA) to establish a yearly celebration of pulled pork during the Pork Board’s yearly Pork Month event.
Pulled pork is absolutely a BBQ staple here in the south, and Sonny’s is out to prove that its Certified Pitmasters are up to the task of making the largest ever serving of pulled pork.
If you’re interested in attending this National Pulled Pork Day event, be sure to take note of the following details:
- When: October 12, 2016 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Central Park, located at W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Cost: Free to the Public
- Contact: Montana Smith at 407-660-8888
I really enjoyed speaking with Bryan, and I hope you found this session informative and entertaining. Hopefully, over the next few months, I’ll be able to provide even more insight into what Sonny’s BBQ is up to in terms of their daily operations, some information from the various Pitmasters themselves, BBQ preparation in the restaurants, and the like.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.comFire and wine make for amazing food pairings, a fact that’s confirmed and celebrated in this conversation with Mary Cressler and Sean Martin of Vindulge.com. Keep Reading »
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the BrandIn this episode, you’ll get a fantastic history lesson on the Scharbauer family as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their storied 138 year old cattle business. Keep Reading »
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the FunCelebrating 35 years of sanctioning World Class competition BBQ events across the globe is a big deal, and the Kansas City Barbeque Society wants you to join in the fun! Keep Reading »
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and SaucesIn this episode, I talk with 9-time World BBQ Champion Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces. Some great info here! Keep Reading »
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ ThrowdownJason Hardee sits down with me to discuss the Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown series, the BBQ Shootout series, the importance of family and more. Keep Reading »
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack PhillipsTalking Tri-Tip, Premium Burgers and more with Meat District Ambassador and Grilling Enthusiast Zack Phillips. Keep Reading »
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick RichesBBQ Expert Derrick Riches and I talk about the patent litigation currently pending between Traeger Grills and Green Mountain Grills. Keep Reading »
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire LifeLearn why Randy Watson of BBQGuys.com is living his live-fire cooking dream and how you can take steps to achieve yours! Keep Reading »
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »