Thanks for checking out this session of the BBQ Beat Podcast. This talk with Bryan Mroczka, Head of Pitmaster Operations for Sonny’s BBQ, has been a long time coming. I’ve known Bryan and his family for a few years now, via our mutual involvement with the Florida BBQ Association – me as a judge and the Mroczka’s as the Bull Rush BBQ Team. Not only is Bryan a very talented and highly awarded pitmaster, but he and his family are also some of the very nicest and welcoming people you’d ever hope to meet.
Sonny’s BBQ Random Acts of BBQ and National Pulled Pork Day
Two areas of focus in this chat with Bryan Mroczka are Sonny’s efforts to give back to their community via the Random Acts of BBQ program and the upcoming October 12th National Pulled Pork Day event in Winter Park, FL.
Sonny’s Random Acts of BBQ
Sonny’s Random Acts of BBQ is a program the company developed to highlight and honor the efforts of individuals who go above and beyond to give selflessly to their communities. Through a nominating platform located on the Random Acts of BBQ website, anyone can nominate people they feel fit this description. If selected by Sonny’s BBQ, the company arranges to roll out a full-service catered BBQ party to honor these amazing people.
Sonny’s National Pulled Pork Day – October 12th
Starting this year, Sonny’s BBQ is joining the National Pork Board and the National BBQ Association (NBBQA) to establish a yearly celebration of pulled pork during the Pork Board’s yearly Pork Month event.
Pulled pork is absolutely a BBQ staple here in the south, and Sonny’s is out to prove that its Certified Pitmasters are up to the task of making the largest ever serving of pulled pork.
If you’re interested in attending this National Pulled Pork Day event, be sure to take note of the following details:
- When: October 12, 2016 @ 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Central Park, located at W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Cost: Free to the Public
- Contact: Montana Smith at 407-660-8888
I really enjoyed speaking with Bryan, and I hope you found this session informative and entertaining. Hopefully, over the next few months, I’ll be able to provide even more insight into what Sonny’s BBQ is up to in terms of their daily operations, some information from the various Pitmasters themselves, BBQ preparation in the restaurants, and the like.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live FireNo one embodies the spirit of crafting amazing food with live fire better than Canada’s Chef Ted Reader. I can’t thank Teddy enough for sitting down and allowing me to record this EPIC chat! Keep Reading »
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.comChris Becker founded CookinPellets to make the best premium BBQ pellets available. Join me for an in-depth look at how and why he did it. Keep Reading »
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. MikeAmy Mills of 17th Street BBQ shares loving memories of her Dad, Mr. Mike Mills, the impact COVID has had on their business, and more. Keep Reading »
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John LindseyIn this episode, I talk with John Lindsey of All Q’ued Up BBQ about his recent Grand Champion win at the 2021 Hog Drop held at the Jack’s Old South compound in Unadilla, GA. Keep Reading »
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters PodcastRusty Monson and Anthony Lujan host the Pitmasters Podcast… and they are on a mission to ignite the passion of cooks everywhere-from amateur to pro-to continue to exceed their own expectations on their journey to Master the Pit! Anyone who loves cooking with live fire and the fun and fellowship of BBQ should make the […]
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy SeriesGreat chat with food sport professional Montana Max about his new ancillary classes offered up on BBQ Champs Academy! Keep Reading »
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoodswith “Maka” Kerkham from Maka Leathergoods in Tasmania. His leather knife rolls are sought after by top chefs and BBQ pitmasters worldwide. Keep Reading »
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.comFire and wine make for amazing food pairings, a fact that’s confirmed and celebrated in this conversation with Mary Cressler and Sean Martin of Vindulge.com. Keep Reading »
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the BrandIn this episode, you’ll get a fantastic history lesson on the Scharbauer family as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their storied 138 year old cattle business. Keep Reading »
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the FunCelebrating 35 years of sanctioning World Class competition BBQ events across the globe is a big deal, and the Kansas City Barbeque Society wants you to join in the fun! Keep Reading »