For many of us, having a full-service butcher nearby isn’t in the cards. If we’re lucky, we’ve been able to establish a decent rapport with the meat department manager at our local supermarket. Imagine being able to walk up to the butcher counter, order your cut or cuts of meat, and have them take directly from the primal, not grabbed off the rack of a cooler.
Luckily, there are still places where you can get this kind of service, and Cooper’s Meat Market of San Antonio, TX is one of them.
Here’s a look at what you can expect to find at Cooper’s Meat Market:
In this BBQ Beat Podcast session, I talk with Andy Lugo, Head Butcher and Executive Chef at Cooper’s Meat Market in San Antonio, Texas. Andy was kind enough to walk me through the operations there at Cooper’s, and after our talk – I was left wishing we had a place like his here in Central Florida.
I hope you’ve enjoyed listening to this BBQ Beat podcast session with Andy Lugo. It’s clear that he has a great passion for working with the highest grades of meats available. Also clear is his love of providing excellent customer service and high quality to his customers.
If you find yourself in the San Antonio area, drop into Cooper’s Meat Market and ask for Andy. Tell him you hear this podcast and ask him what they have on hand that’s good. My guess is that you’ll be very happy with what he offers up.
Company Name: Cooper’s Meat Market
Address: 6002 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 820-3838
Facebook for Andy: Click here
Facebook for Cooper’s: Click here
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ ThrowdownJason Hardee sits down with me to discuss the Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown series, the BBQ Shootout series, the importance of family and more. Keep Reading »
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack PhillipsTalking Tri-Tip, Premium Burgers and more with Meat District Ambassador and Grilling Enthusiast Zack Phillips. Keep Reading »
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick RichesBBQ Expert Derrick Riches and I talk about the patent litigation currently pending between Traeger Grills and Green Mountain Grills. Keep Reading »
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire LifeLearn why Randy Watson of BBQGuys.com is living his live-fire cooking dream and how you can take steps to achieve yours! Keep Reading »
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQTalking with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ (UK) about his British BBQ journey, his growing success on Instagram, and his two sociopathic chickens! Keep Reading »
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin WilsonTalking sous vide and live fire cooking with Darrin Wilson of the Fire and Water Cooking Channel. Up your grilling game with tips shared here! Keep Reading »
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game DayIn this episode, I am joined by Daina Falk of HungryFan.com. Daina is all about the Game Day Food Experience, and her website showcases recipes guaranteed to make any tailgating or “homegating” experience a Win! Keep Reading »
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.comIn this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with Saffron Hodgson, founder, and editor of Bushcooking.com. Billed as the ultimate location to find all your outdoor cooking needs, from recipes to techniques. Keep Reading »