For many of us, having a full-service butcher nearby isn’t in the cards. If we’re lucky, we’ve been able to establish a decent rapport with the meat department manager at our local supermarket. Imagine being able to walk up to the butcher counter, order your cut or cuts of meat, and have them take directly from the primal, not grabbed off the rack of a cooler.
Luckily, there are still places where you can get this kind of service, and Cooper’s Meat Market of San Antonio, TX is one of them.
Here’s a look at what you can expect to find at Cooper’s Meat Market:
In this BBQ Beat Podcast session, I talk with Andy Lugo, Head Butcher and Executive Chef at Cooper’s Meat Market in San Antonio, Texas. Andy was kind enough to walk me through the operations there at Cooper’s, and after our talk – I was left wishing we had a place like his here in Central Florida.
I hope you’ve enjoyed listening to this BBQ Beat podcast session with Andy Lugo. It’s clear that he has a great passion for working with the highest grades of meats available. Also clear is his love of providing excellent customer service and high quality to his customers.
If you find yourself in the San Antonio area, drop into Cooper’s Meat Market and ask for Andy. Tell him you hear this podcast and ask him what they have on hand that’s good. My guess is that you’ll be very happy with what he offers up.
Company Name: Cooper’s Meat Market
Address: 6002 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78209
Phone: (210) 820-3838
Facebook for Andy: Click here
Facebook for Cooper’s: Click here
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Razorracks BBQ on Winning Big with a Small FootprintTalking with Drew Davis of Razorracks BBQ about how teams without big rigs, toy haulers, or trailers can still win big on the competition BBQ trail! Topics discussed include the importance of having the right mindset, tips for making the most out of your team’s competition dollars, and much more. Keep Reading »
- Duce Raymond of Sweet Baby Ray’sIn this episode, I talk with Duce Raymond of Sweet Baby Ray’s about the origins of the world’s most popular barbecue sauce. But we go way deeper than that. Duce shares the origins of the iconic Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce, but he also details how one very important lesson from his uncle continues to drive the family’s successful restaurants and catering business forward. Keep Reading »
- Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of BarbecueIt was my great pleasure to sit down for a chat with James Beard Book Award Author Adrian Miller to discuss his latest book, Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of Barbecue. A true scholar, historian, and lover of smoked meats, Adrian and I talk about the contents of this text, along with the reasons he felt it needed to be written. Keep Reading »
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live FireNo one embodies the spirit of crafting amazing food with live fire better than Canada’s Chef Ted Reader. I can’t thank Teddy enough for sitting down and allowing me to record this EPIC chat! Keep Reading »
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.comChris Becker founded CookinPellets to make the best premium BBQ pellets available. Join me for an in-depth look at how and why he did it. Keep Reading »
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. MikeAmy Mills of 17th Street BBQ shares loving memories of her Dad, Mr. Mike Mills, the impact COVID has had on their business, and more. Keep Reading »
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John LindseyIn this episode, I talk with John Lindsey of All Q’ued Up BBQ about his recent Grand Champion win at the 2021 Hog Drop held at the Jack’s Old South compound in Unadilla, GA. Keep Reading »
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters PodcastRusty Monson and Anthony Lujan host the Pitmasters Podcast… and they are on a mission to ignite the passion of cooks everywhere-from amateur to pro-to continue to exceed their own expectations on their journey to Master the Pit! Anyone who loves cooking with live fire and the fun and fellowship of BBQ should make the […]
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy SeriesGreat chat with food sport professional Montana Max about his new ancillary classes offered up on BBQ Champs Academy! Keep Reading »
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoodswith “Maka” Kerkham from Maka Leathergoods in Tasmania. His leather knife rolls are sought after by top chefs and BBQ pitmasters worldwide. Keep Reading »