In this episode, we’ll take another trip across the Atlantic for a stopover in the city of Slough, England, just some 45 minutes west of London to talk with my good friend Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ.
I first learned about Kevin’s work cooking with live fire via his Instagram account. Do yourself a favor and give it a follow over @edge_bbq. The images are stunning, and you can get a sense of the enjoyment Kevin derives from cooking for his friends and family.
Brands discussed in this episode include:
We’ll also learn that Kevin’s expertise cooking with live fire is something that’s come to him over the past several years.
I love these kinds of stories, as they reinforce an idea shared time and time again from real-life chefs such as the late great Julia Childs as well as fictional ones seen in animated films like Ratatouille… the idea that no matter where we begin in our cooking, grilling and smoking food journey – anyone can cook!
Follow Edge BBQ:
Follow the BBQ Beat:
- Website: https://bbqbeat.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bbqbeat/
- Get the Newsletter: http://bit.ly/bbqbeatnews
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick RichesBBQ Expert Derrick Riches and I talk about the patent litigation currently pending between Traeger Grills and Green Mountain Grills. Keep Reading »
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire LifeLearn why Randy Watson of BBQGuys.com is living his live-fire cooking dream and how you can take steps to achieve yours! Keep Reading »
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ BrandWith 20 years in the food business and a work ethic founded on the lessons learned on his Grandfather’s farm, New Jersey native Ray Sheehan of BBQ Buddha knows what it takes to craft creative BBQ Flavors and promote a BBQ brand. Keep Reading »
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American InstitutionThis episode of The BBQ Beat Podcast features southern food and culture historian Robert F. Moss, BBQ Editor for Southern Living Magazine and author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution. Keep Reading »
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQTalking with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ (UK) about his British BBQ journey, his growing success on Instagram, and his two sociopathic chickens! Keep Reading »
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin WilsonTalking sous vide and live fire cooking with Darrin Wilson of the Fire and Water Cooking Channel. Up your grilling game with tips shared here! Keep Reading »
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game DayIn this episode, I am joined by Daina Falk of HungryFan.com. Daina is all about the Game Day Food Experience, and her website showcases recipes guaranteed to make any tailgating or “homegating” experience a Win! Keep Reading »
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.comIn this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with Saffron Hodgson, founder, and editor of Bushcooking.com. Billed as the ultimate location to find all your outdoor cooking needs, from recipes to techniques. Keep Reading »
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey TagleIn this episode, I talk with Rey Tagle, Home Charcuterie Master, about how to make charcuterie at home. There are lots of tips and resources in this one! Keep Reading »
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQIn this episode, I talk with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ about his history in BBQ, some key things competitors should know, and much more! Keep Reading »