In this episode, we’ll take another trip across the Atlantic for a stopover in the city of Slough, England, just some 45 minutes west of London to talk with my good friend Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ.
I first learned about Kevin’s work cooking with live fire via his Instagram account. Do yourself a favor and give it a follow over @edge_bbq. The images are stunning, and you can get a sense of the enjoyment Kevin derives from cooking for his friends and family.
Brands discussed in this episode include:
We’ll also learn that Kevin’s expertise cooking with live fire is something that’s come to him over the past several years.
I love these kinds of stories, as they reinforce an idea shared time and time again from real-life chefs such as the late great Julia Childs as well as fictional ones seen in animated films like Ratatouille… the idea that no matter where we begin in our cooking, grilling and smoking food journey – anyone can cook!
Follow Edge BBQ:
Follow the BBQ Beat:
- Website: https://bbqbeat.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bbqbeat/
- Get the Newsletter: http://bit.ly/bbqbeatnews
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live FireNo one embodies the spirit of crafting amazing food with live fire better than Canada’s Chef Ted Reader. I can’t thank Teddy enough for sitting down and allowing me to record this EPIC chat! Keep Reading »
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.comChris Becker founded CookinPellets to make the best premium BBQ pellets available. Join me for an in-depth look at how and why he did it. Keep Reading »
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. MikeAmy Mills of 17th Street BBQ shares loving memories of her Dad, Mr. Mike Mills, the impact COVID has had on their business, and more. Keep Reading »
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John LindseyIn this episode, I talk with John Lindsey of All Q’ued Up BBQ about his recent Grand Champion win at the 2021 Hog Drop held at the Jack’s Old South compound in Unadilla, GA. Keep Reading »
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters PodcastRusty Monson and Anthony Lujan host the Pitmasters Podcast… and they are on a mission to ignite the passion of […]
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy SeriesGreat chat with food sport professional Montana Max about his new ancillary classes offered up on BBQ Champs Academy! Keep Reading »
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoodswith “Maka” Kerkham from Maka Leathergoods in Tasmania. His leather knife rolls are sought after by top chefs and BBQ pitmasters worldwide. Keep Reading »
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.comFire and wine make for amazing food pairings, a fact that’s confirmed and celebrated in this conversation with Mary Cressler and Sean Martin of Vindulge.com. Keep Reading »
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the BrandIn this episode, you’ll get a fantastic history lesson on the Scharbauer family as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their storied 138 year old cattle business. Keep Reading »
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the FunCelebrating 35 years of sanctioning World Class competition BBQ events across the globe is a big deal, and the Kansas City Barbeque Society wants you to join in the fun! Keep Reading »