Competition BBQ is full of characters, and none are more genuine and bombastic than Mr. Tim Maloy of the Backyard Bro’s Competition BBQ Team. I had the pleasure of speaking with Tim at the 2018 Winter Haven Smoke on the Water BBQ Competition benefitting the Citrus Center Boys & Girls Clubs, and I think you’re really going to enjoy this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast.
If you’re looking for a cook team to work with for your FBA or KCBS Master Judge certification, or you’re just interested in learning more about what competition BBQ is all about, give Tim and the folks at Backyard Bro’s a shout. You’re guaranteed a good time, especially if you show up with a bottle of Fireball or Tito’s Vodka in hand!
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, hosted by Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the BBQ podcast for you.
Questions or Suggestions?
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of BarbecueIt was my great pleasure to sit down for a chat with James Beard Book Award Author Adrian Miller to discuss his latest book, Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of Barbecue. A true scholar, historian, and lover of smoked meats, Adrian and I talk about the contents of this text, along with the reasons he felt it needed to be written. Keep Reading »
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live FireNo one embodies the spirit of crafting amazing food with live fire better than Canada’s Chef Ted Reader. I can’t thank Teddy enough for sitting down and allowing me to record this EPIC chat! Keep Reading »
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.comChris Becker founded CookinPellets to make the best premium BBQ pellets available. Join me for an in-depth look at how and why he did it. Keep Reading »
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. MikeAmy Mills of 17th Street BBQ shares loving memories of her Dad, Mr. Mike Mills, the impact COVID has had on their business, and more. Keep Reading »
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John LindseyIn this episode, I talk with John Lindsey of All Q’ued Up BBQ about his recent Grand Champion win at the 2021 Hog Drop held at the Jack’s Old South compound in Unadilla, GA. Keep Reading »
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters PodcastRusty Monson and Anthony Lujan host the Pitmasters Podcast… and they are on a mission to ignite the passion of cooks everywhere-from amateur to pro-to continue to exceed their own expectations on their journey to Master the Pit! Anyone who loves cooking with live fire and the fun and fellowship of BBQ should make the […]
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy SeriesGreat chat with food sport professional Montana Max about his new ancillary classes offered up on BBQ Champs Academy! Keep Reading »
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoodswith “Maka” Kerkham from Maka Leathergoods in Tasmania. His leather knife rolls are sought after by top chefs and BBQ pitmasters worldwide. Keep Reading »
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.comFire and wine make for amazing food pairings, a fact that’s confirmed and celebrated in this conversation with Mary Cressler and Sean Martin of Vindulge.com. Keep Reading »
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the BrandIn this episode, you’ll get a fantastic history lesson on the Scharbauer family as well as a behind-the-scenes look at their storied 138 year old cattle business. Keep Reading »