In this episode, I’m talking with Darrin Wilson, host of the Fire and Water Cooking Podcast. Many of you have seen the countless sous vide cooking method videos on YouTube by now… you know… where food is seasoned and placed raw into vacuum-sealed bags and left to rest in a circulating hot water bath set at specific finishing temperatures.
While Darrin works a lot with this method, the Fire and Water nature of his show focuses on taking various proteins through the sous vide process and finishing them off in different ways using live fire. Hence… the name of his show – the Fire and Water Cooking Channel.
On a side note, I really enjoyed talking with and getting to know Darrin not only for his cooking knowledge but because he is a fellow inhabitant of my part of Central Florida. It’s always nice to get to know more local folks who are passionate about cooking with fire.
I think you’ll really enjoy this talk with Darrin, especially if you’re a traditional live fire cook who has wanted to start using the sous vide method as part of your culinary arsenal.
Find The Fire and Water Podcast Here:
- Website: https://www.fireandwatercooking.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fireandwatercooking
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fireandwatercooking
Check Out These Other BBQ Beat Podcast Episodes
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution