Hey Everyone, thanks for checking out what I’m calling a bonus episode of the podcast spotlighting The Firebox Initiative Inc. – a charity organization established by Griffin Bufkin and Harrison Sapp of Southern Soul BBQ on Saint Simons Island.
I rode up to the Firebox on Gascoigne Bluff event this past weekend with my buddies Chris Gentry of Gentry’s BBQ and Josh Perry of Double Aught BBQ. The event flyer promised an opportunity to taste amazing offerings from the likes of BBQ Legends including, but not limited to:
- Harrison Sapp of Southern Soul BBQ
- Mike and Amy Mills of 17th Street BBQ
- Bryan Furman of B’s Cracklin’ Barbeque
- Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke
- Craig Verhage The BBQ Ninja
- Carey Bringle of Peg Leg Porker
- Anthony DiBernardo of Swig and Swine
- Marty and Melissa Goffin of Red Gum BBQ out of Victoria, Australia
- Tank Jackson of Holy City Hogs
Being the ever-vigilant BBQ Podcast Host, I made sure to have my portable recording mic on hand to capture a few brief interviews with some of these masters of live fire cooking. The recordings are filled with the music and excitement emanating from the packed-out crowd.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the hearts of BBQ and Live Fire cooking people are full of love and appreciation for all the people who keep the food service and hospitality industry going.
Be sure to stay on the lookout for the 2020 Firebox Invitational. Based on what I saw this year, it’s guaranteed to be one special event.
As always, thank you for listening to and keeping up with The BBQ Beat. If you have photos of your BBQ, Grilling, and Live Fire cooking adventures you’d like me to see and share out to The BBQ Beat Audience, use the #
If you haven’t done so, please subscribe to the BBQ Beat Podcast wherever you get your podcast feeds. While you’re there, please leave a review! It would mean the world to me.
Until next time, see you later everybody.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey Tagle
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas Monthly
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemore
- Talking About BBQ in Norway American Style
- Halal BBQ Pitmasters out of Dallas Talk Food, Culture, and Eating Well
- Jon Jackson on Helping Veterans Find Solace and Healing at Comfort Farms
- The Lee Brothers – Hotbox: Inside Catering, the Food World’s Riskiest Business