Hey Everyone, thanks for checking out what I’m calling a bonus episode of the podcast spotlighting The Firebox Initiative Inc. – a charity organization established by Griffin Bufkin and Harrison Sapp of Southern Soul BBQ on Saint Simons Island.
I rode up to the Firebox on Gascoigne Bluff event this past weekend with my buddies Chris Gentry of Gentry’s BBQ and Josh Perry of Double Aught BBQ. The event flyer promised an opportunity to taste amazing offerings from the likes of BBQ Legends including, but not limited to:
- Harrison Sapp of Southern Soul BBQ
- Mike and Amy Mills of 17th Street BBQ
- Bryan Furman of B’s Cracklin’ Barbeque
- Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke
- Craig Verhage The BBQ Ninja
- Carey Bringle of Peg Leg Porker
- Anthony DiBernardo of Swig and Swine
- Marty and Melissa Goffin of Red Gum BBQ out of Victoria, Australia
- Tank Jackson of Holy City Hogs
Being the ever-vigilant BBQ Podcast Host, I made sure to have my portable recording mic on hand to capture a few brief interviews with some of these masters of live fire cooking. The recordings are filled with the music and excitement emanating from the packed-out crowd.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the hearts of BBQ and Live Fire cooking people are full of love and appreciation for all the people who keep the food service and hospitality industry going.
Be sure to stay on the lookout for the 2020 Firebox Invitational. Based on what I saw this year, it’s guaranteed to be one special event.
As always, thank you for listening to and keeping up with The BBQ Beat. If you have photos of your BBQ, Grilling, and Live Fire cooking adventures you’d like me to see and share out to The BBQ Beat Audience, use the #
If you haven’t done so, please subscribe to the BBQ Beat Podcast wherever you get your podcast feeds. While you’re there, please leave a review! It would mean the world to me.
Until next time, see you later everybody.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution