Thanks for checking out this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast! Several weeks ago, I had the chance to sit down with Josh Tahan of True Craft BBQ at Tampa Beer Works. We had a blast talking about our respective appreciation for great food prepared well, enjoying some very fine beers as we did.
I first met Josh at last year’s Sunshine State Eggfest hosted by Wassi’s Meat Market. Since then, I’ve seen him demonstrate the preparation of items as simple as bacon wrapped jalapeños to house-cured duck pastrami.
In this episode, Josh and I talk about the communal nature of food, seeking out and selecting unique, high-quality ingredients, and the steps he takes every time he embarks the preparation of a new dish.
As you listen to this podcast episode, pay special attention to the way Josh talks about food. This guy takes zero half measures when it comes to understanding the nuances of the various dishes he prepares. He’s super analytical and has an impressive degree of technical skill. What makes learning to cook from Josh so great is that he is able to take all he’s learned through serious study and application and relay it to you in simple, easy to implement ways.
If you ever have the chance to sit in on a class with Josh Tahan, take it. I’ve learned a great deal from him, and I know you will, too.
Connect with Josh Tahan of True Craft BBQ
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- Hanging with Tony Roberts of Proud Souls Barbecue and Provisions
- Talking with Australia’s Ben Arnot of the Smoking Hot Confessions Podcast
- Wild Game, Fish, Foraging and More with Hank Shaw
- Talking Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning with Brad Stuart
- Farming, Food, and Family with Andy Lane of Hand Hewn Farm
- Celebrating North Louisiana Food Culture with Chef Hardette Harris
- Talking Food Heritage, Culture and History with Dr. Howard Conyers
- Malcom and Rachelle Reed talk food, family, and living that BBQ life
- Talking Hasty-Bake Grills History with Jay Johnsen
- 2019 World Food Championships Final Table and Dallas Update with Mike McCloud