Thanks for checking out this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast! Several weeks ago, I had the chance to sit down with Josh Tahan of True Craft BBQ at Tampa Beer Works. We had a blast talking about our respective appreciation for great food prepared well, enjoying some very fine beers as we did.
I first met Josh at last year’s Sunshine State Eggfest hosted by Wassi’s Meat Market. Since then, I’ve seen him demonstrate the preparation of items as simple as bacon wrapped jalapeños to house-cured duck pastrami.
In this episode, Josh and I talk about the communal nature of food, seeking out and selecting unique, high-quality ingredients, and the steps he takes every time he embarks the preparation of a new dish.
As you listen to this podcast episode, pay special attention to the way Josh talks about food. This guy takes zero half measures when it comes to understanding the nuances of the various dishes he prepares. He’s super analytical and has an impressive degree of technical skill. What makes learning to cook from Josh so great is that he is able to take all he’s learned through serious study and application and relay it to you in simple, easy to implement ways.
If you ever have the chance to sit in on a class with Josh Tahan, take it. I’ve learned a great deal from him, and I know you will, too.
Connect with Josh Tahan of True Craft BBQ
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com