In this episode, I’m talking about how you can make charcuterie at home with Rey Tagle. I came across Rey via Instagram where it came up via my #charcuterie hashtag feed. Rey’s images are impressive, and he covers all bases where charcuterie is concerned.
I strongly encourage you to seek out his home.charcuterie feed and follow it. The photos Rey posts of his charcuterie projects are stunning, and his post descriptions never cease to leave me feeling better educated about his processes and protein sourcing methodology. If you love to learn, you’ll love Rey’s feed.
One of the things I really appreciate about Rey is that he believes you should source meat from small family farms whenever possible. While this may not be possible for everyone, contacting and getting meat from small-scale producers is becoming more feasible.
If you want to learn more about how to cure meats at home, head over to Rey’s website and grab his 62-page e-book, Home Charcuterie Master: A Beginner’s Guide to Home Curing.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.