Thanks for checking out this Masterbuilt Gravity Series podcast episode featuring a really great conversation I had recently with John McLemore and his son, John II, of Masterbuilt.
We all love stories about small business success. Someone starts up an effort we might refer to as a side hustle – working evenings and weekends to build up a business they can call their own. This is the pathway that Dawson McLemore embarked upon in the early 1970s. Today, Masterbuilt is one of the biggest manufacturers of cooking devices ranging from smokers to fryers, to their newly released Gravity Series Charcoal Grill and Smokers.
Now, with the investment of Dominus Capital, Masterbuilt is connected with the Smoke Hollow and Kamado Joe brands, and we cover all of these topics during our talk.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Black Smoke: African Americans and the United States of Barbecue
- Ted Reader on Making it Tasty with Live Fire
- Chris Becker of CookinPellets.com
- Amy Mills – BBQ Business and the Legacy of Mr. Mike
- 2021 Hog Drop Champion John Lindsey
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters Podcast
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy Series
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoods
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand