Thanks for checking out this Masterbuilt Gravity Series podcast episode featuring a really great conversation I had recently with John McLemore and his son, John II, of Masterbuilt.
We all love stories about small business success. Someone starts up an effort we might refer to as a side hustle – working evenings and weekends to build up a business they can call their own. This is the pathway that Dawson McLemore embarked upon in the early 1970s. Today, Masterbuilt is one of the biggest manufacturers of cooking devices ranging from smokers to fryers, to their newly released Gravity Series Charcoal Grill and Smokers.
Now, with the investment of Dominus Capital, Masterbuilt is connected with the Smoke Hollow and Kamado Joe brands, and we cover all of these topics during our talk.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey Tagle
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas Monthly
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemore
- Talking About BBQ in Norway American Style
- Halal BBQ Pitmasters out of Dallas Talk Food, Culture, and Eating Well