Thanks for checking out this Masterbuilt Gravity Series podcast episode featuring a really great conversation I had recently with John McLemore and his son, John II, of Masterbuilt.
We all love stories about small business success. Someone starts up an effort we might refer to as a side hustle – working evenings and weekends to build up a business they can call their own. This is the pathway that Dawson McLemore embarked upon in the early 1970s. Today, Masterbuilt is one of the biggest manufacturers of cooking devices ranging from smokers to fryers, to their newly released Gravity Series Charcoal Grill and Smokers.
Now, with the investment of Dominus Capital, Masterbuilt is connected with the Smoke Hollow and Kamado Joe brands, and we cover all of these topics during our talk.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ