Hey everyone and thanks for tuning in to the BBQ Beat Podcast. I’m your host, Kevin Sandridge, and in this episode, we’ll be talking about beef. Specifically, Certified Angus Beef ®.
Chances are you’ve seen the Certified Angus Beef Logo…
It’s pretty hard to miss, with its distinctive black Angus steer standing proudly in side profile view with the words “Since 1978” above its head and the Certified Angus Beef Brand registered trademark banner below.
In order for Angus Beef to earn this logo, it must grade out as either Choice or Prime, then pass 10 exacting standards for flavor, tenderness, and juiciness.
To learn more about these specifications, I’ve enlisted the help of Chef Michael Ollier, Senior Corporate Chef at Certified Angus Beef.
In addition to heading up recipe development for the Certified Angus Beef test kitchen, Michael is pretty much the primary culinary face for Certified Angus Beef – heading up interviews, media appearances and recording cooking and recipe videos.
He also leads Certified Angus Beef’s in-house food styling and photography efforts, and we talk more about the great work he and his team do in that regard in this episode.
I know you’re going to enjoy getting to know more about Michael’s background, his early ties to food with his family in Ohio, the interesting pathways that led to the establishment of his career as a chef, and ultimately the manner by which he joined the team there at Certified Angus Beef.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey Tagle
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ