Hey everyone and thanks for tuning in to the BBQ Beat Podcast. I’m your host, Kevin Sandridge, and in this episode, we’ll be talking about beef. Specifically, Certified Angus Beef ®.
Chances are you’ve seen the Certified Angus Beef Logo…
It’s pretty hard to miss, with its distinctive black Angus steer standing proudly in side profile view with the words “Since 1978” above its head and the Certified Angus Beef Brand registered trademark banner below.
In order for Angus Beef to earn this logo, it must grade out as either Choice or Prime, then pass 10 exacting standards for flavor, tenderness, and juiciness.
To learn more about these specifications, I’ve enlisted the help of Chef Michael Ollier, Senior Corporate Chef at Certified Angus Beef.
In addition to heading up recipe development for the Certified Angus Beef test kitchen, Michael is pretty much the primary culinary face for Certified Angus Beef – heading up interviews, media appearances and recording cooking and recipe videos.
He also leads Certified Angus Beef’s in-house food styling and photography efforts, and we talk more about the great work he and his team do in that regard in this episode.
I know you’re going to enjoy getting to know more about Michael’s background, his early ties to food with his family in Ohio, the interesting pathways that led to the establishment of his career as a chef, and ultimately the manner by which he joined the team there at Certified Angus Beef.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- Sam Jones Talks Whole Hog BBQ, Family, and Friendships at Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q
- Recapping the 2019 Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
- Hanging at Grove Roots Brewing with Bob and Dave from Flame Boss
- Sitting Down with Chef Michael Ollier of Certified Angus Beef
- BBQ Greats Talk About Giving Back at the 2019 Firebox Invitational
- Talking About Cheshire Pork’s Product Line with Joe Riscky of Fort Worth, TX
- Hanging with Tony Roberts of Proud Souls Barbecue and Provisions
- Talking with Australia’s Ben Arnot of the Smoking Hot Confessions Podcast
- Wild Game, Fish, Foraging and More with Hank Shaw
- Talking Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning with Brad Stuart