In this episode, I’m taking you on a trip to Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q in Atlanta where Sam Jones and Michael Letchworth of Sam Jones BBQ are doing up a Whole Hog Dinner to celebrate Sam’s new book Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue. — written by Sam Jones and Daniel Vaughn.
We go on a behind the scenes tour of the Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q commissary and catering operation with Catering and Operations Manager Max Binns … and follow that up with some back story on Fox Bros. from Beau Nolen, who has some very cool words about the pivotal role Max plays with Fox Bros.
After that, we’ll hear directly from Justin and Jonathan Fox. These guys have a great story to tell… filled with massive BBQ house parties, an electrocution!!!!, and a gradual yet clearly fruitful progression backyard BBQ novices to crafters of deliciously smoked meats.
Finally, we’ll hear from Michael Letchworth on his long-time friendship and business partnership with Sam Jones, followed by a great conversation with Mr. Jones himself on the subject of BBQ, Family, and the power of lasting friendships.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters Podcast
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy Series
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoods
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches