In this episode, I’m taking you on a trip to Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q in Atlanta where Sam Jones and Michael Letchworth of Sam Jones BBQ are doing up a Whole Hog Dinner to celebrate Sam’s new book Whole Hog BBQ: The Gospel of Carolina Barbecue. — written by Sam Jones and Daniel Vaughn.
We go on a behind the scenes tour of the Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q commissary and catering operation with Catering and Operations Manager Max Binns … and follow that up with some back story on Fox Bros. from Beau Nolen, who has some very cool words about the pivotal role Max plays with Fox Bros.
After that, we’ll hear directly from Justin and Jonathan Fox. These guys have a great story to tell… filled with massive BBQ house parties, an electrocution!!!!, and a gradual yet clearly fruitful progression backyard BBQ novices to crafters of deliciously smoked meats.
Finally, we’ll hear from Michael Letchworth on his long-time friendship and business partnership with Sam Jones, followed by a great conversation with Mr. Jones himself on the subject of BBQ, Family, and the power of lasting friendships.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey Tagle
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ
- Catching Up with Daniel Vaughn of Texas Monthly
- Talking Masterbuilt Gravity Series with John and John II McLemore
- Talking About BBQ in Norway American Style
- Halal BBQ Pitmasters out of Dallas Talk Food, Culture, and Eating Well