I learned of what Ben has going on with his podcast via our mutual friend, Craig Verhage of Ubon’s BBQ At the time, Ben had finished up a stint over here in the states cooking at the Houston BBQ Rodeo and traveling through BBQ hotspots in Texas and the surrounding areas. One listen to the quality of Ben’s show and his interview with Craig and I was hooked.
During our chat, you’ll hear Ben reference his most recent trip to the US with his family in order to attend the 2019 NBBQA conference. I should note that Smoking Hot Confessions did very well in the awards portion of this year’s conference – taking 3rd place in the Best Audio Series category behind this podcast, BBQ Beat for 2nd and Behind the Smoke out of California taking 1st.
Ben’s website for his show also garnered 2nd place honors this year, so you can see… he’s really got something cool going on over there. I highly recommend that you check it out.
I know you will enjoy learning more about Ben’s background, some of the Aussie BBQ Teams he feels are ones to keep an eye on for amazing things to come, and some of the cool ways BBQ competitions in Australia are different from those here in the States – from proteins to the different varieties of wood used.
Ben’s passion for BBQ and the work he does through his podcast and other related projects are clear, and it was a blast to be able to talk with him and get to know him better.
Be sure to follow ben @smokinghotconfessions on both Facebook and Instagram.
As always, I thank and appreciate you for being a BBQ Beat Podcast listener. If you know of others who might enjoy the podcast, please share it with them.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters Podcast
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy Series
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoods
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcast feeds, and visit BBQBeat.com for show notes and other useful BBQ related information.