I learned of what Ben has going on with his podcast via our mutual friend, Craig Verhage of Ubon’s BBQ At the time, Ben had finished up a stint over here in the states cooking at the Houston BBQ Rodeo and traveling through BBQ hotspots in Texas and the surrounding areas. One listen to the quality of Ben’s show and his interview with Craig and I was hooked.
During our chat, you’ll hear Ben reference his most recent trip to the US with his family in order to attend the 2019 NBBQA conference. I should note that Smoking Hot Confessions did very well in the awards portion of this year’s conference – taking 3rd place in the Best Audio Series category behind this podcast, BBQ Beat for 2nd and Behind the Smoke out of California taking 1st.
Ben’s website for his show also garnered 2nd place honors this year, so you can see… he’s really got something cool going on over there. I highly recommend that you check it out.
I know you will enjoy learning more about Ben’s background, some of the Aussie BBQ Teams he feels are ones to keep an eye on for amazing things to come, and some of the cool ways BBQ competitions in Australia are different from those here in the States – from proteins to the different varieties of wood used.
Ben’s passion for BBQ and the work he does through his podcast and other related projects are clear, and it was a blast to be able to talk with him and get to know him better.
Be sure to follow ben @smokinghotconfessions on both Facebook and Instagram.
As always, I thank and appreciate you for being a BBQ Beat Podcast listener. If you know of others who might enjoy the podcast, please share it with them.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand
- Talking with Robert F. Moss, Author of Barbecue: The History of an American Institution
- BBQ in Britain with Kevin Edge of Edge BBQ
- Sous Vide Meets Live Fire Cooking with Darrin Wilson
- Daina Falk of Hungry Fan Talks Eating Well on Game Day
- Saffron Hodgson of Bushcooking.com
- Make Charcuterie at Home with Rey Tagle
- Talking with David Bouska of Butcher BBQ
Subscribe to the Podcast!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or wherever you get your podcast feeds, and visit BBQBeat.com for show notes and other useful BBQ related information.