In this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, I talk with the hosts of the Tales from the Pits Podcast – Bryan Norton and Andrew Martinez. These two gentlemen spend a great deal of their time traveling to BBQ restaurants in Texas. While they surely pay homage to the famous Texas joints we all know, they also keep an eye out for newer talent coming onto the scene. You can be sure to be left with a sense of being on “the inside” of Texas ‘Cue with each episode, which I think is pretty cool. Don’t believe me? Check out this interview with John Mueller of Black Box Barbecue.
Most recently, they did an amazing 3 part series with Patrick Feges. Definitely, check it out via this link. I believe that these types of stories ring true to what the Tales from the Pits Podcast brings to the table.
Here are Some Other Great Tales from the Pits Episodes
- TFP BBQ Ep. 44 – Pioneer BBQ – Shawn and Amy Collins
- TFP BBQ Ep. 39 – Roegels Barbecue Co Part 1
- TFP BBQ Ep. 40 – Roegels Barbecue Co Part 2
Connect with Bryan and Andrew
- Tales from the Pits Podcast Website
- Tales from the Pits on Twitter
- Tales from the Pits on Instagram
- Bryan Norton on Twitter
- Andrew Martinez on Twitter
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches
- BBQGuys.com Randy Watson is Living his Best Live Fire Life
- Always Hustling – Ray Sheehan on Crafting Flavors and Promoting Your BBQ Brand