In this episode, Chad Ward and Carl “Griff” Griffith talk about the Origins of Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply both as a store and as a brand. Chad recounts how he, Jared Hatcher and some friends first started cooking BBQ competitions. From there, the conversation moves on to how the store got up and running, some of the brands and brand connection stories that developed, and what it’s been like seeing the store grow from its small-scale beginnings to its two locations today.
I’m proud to call Chad, Griff, Nicole, Danny, Timmy, Chris, Gregory and the rest of the Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply family my friends. If you enjoy this episode, please share it out with other like-minded BBQ peeps!
Connect with Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply
- Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply Site
- Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply on Facebook
- Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply on Twitter
- Whiskey Bent BBQ Supply on Instagram
- Carl “Griff” Griffith on Instagram
The BBQ Beat Podcast is Supported By:
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, with BBQ Podcast host Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the Barbecue podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, be sure to catch up on some of the other most popular conversations listed below.
- Jon Jackson on Helping Veterans Find Solace and Healing at Comfort Farms
- The Lee Brothers – Hotbox: Inside Catering, the Food World’s Riskiest Business
- Inside the Small Batch World of Oakridge BBQ with Mike Trump
- Sam Jones Talks Whole Hog BBQ, Family, and Friendships at Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q
- Recapping the 2019 Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue