In this podcast episode, I talk with B.J. Mannix, owner of Mannix Pools and Grills in Winter Haven, FL. Two weekends ago, B.J. and his team hosted the first annual Chain of Lakes Eggfest. By all accounts, it was a huge success. Attendees numbering at about 600 or more enjoyed amazing food, the cook teams had a blast, and more than anything, the Boys and Girls Club and Girl’s Inc. of Winter Haven came out as big winners.
I want to give a special shoutout to Grove Roots Brewing in Winter Haven, FL for allowing B.J. and myself to set up for this podcast interview. If you enjoy craft beer brewed locally and find yourself in the Central Florida area, a trip to Grove Roots is an absolute must.
After Listening to This – Please Read Chris Grove’s Article on the 2018 Chain of Lakes Eggfest
Chris Grove wrote an excellent article over at NibbleMeThis.com covering this year’s event. His team won the People’s Choice award, and when you see the photos of what they were serving up, you’ll understand why! If you ever have the chance to attend an Eggfest event where Nibble Me This is cooking, you have to go. Those folks are culinary Ninjas!
Sponsors Make This Happen
No event of this scale can get off the ground without the generous financial assistance from sponsors. B.J. wanted me to make sure and reference the following companies and individuals whose financial donations helped make the 2018 Chain of Lakes Eggfest possible.
- Somewhere Sports Bar
- SJMS Inc
- Salt Strong
- Tech Mate
- John May & Associates
- The Scheck/Lewis Group at Morgan Stanley
- Citizens Bank & Trust
- Coffman’s Irrigation
- Costello Insurance
- American Liberty Mortgage
- Carpenter Contractors of America
- Andrea’s restaurant
- Roden Pools
- Benchmark Calibration
If you are associated with or do business with any of these fine companies and individuals, and you enjoyed this year’s Chain of Lakes Eggfest, please thank them for their support.
About the Show
The BBQ Beat Podcast, hosted by Kevin Sandridge, shares all that’s good in competition and backyard BBQ and grilling. Guests include competition BBQ pitmasters, food industry insiders, BBQ and grilling product manufacturers, and event promoters from the US as well as abroad. If you love BBQ and have an appreciation for southern culture and live-fire cooking – this is the podcast for you.
Questions, Comments or Suggestions?
Have a question or a podcast guest suggestion? Please leave me a message on my contact page. You can also find me on Twitter and via the BBQ Beat Facebook Page.
Ratings & Reviews
If you enjoy this podcast, please give it a rating and review. Positive ratings and reviews help bring The BBQ Beat Podcast to the attention of other BBQ and Southern Culture lovers who may not be aware of the show.
Be Sure to Listen to More Episodes!
If you enjoyed this episode of the BBQ Beat Podcast, you can see the full podcast archive here. Or, simply catch up on some of the other most popular BBQ podcast conversations listed below.
- Rusty and Anthony of the Pitmasters Podcast
- Montana Max on Food Sport and His BBQ Champs Academy Series
- Protecting Knives in Style – Talking with Mick Kerkham of Maka Leathergoods
- Fire + Wine with Mary and Sean of Vindulge.com
- John Scharbauer on 138 Years of Cattle Ranching, Progress, and Riding for the Brand
- KCBS is Celebrating 35 Years and Wants You to Join the Fun
- Talking with Chris Marks of Three Little Pigs Rubs and Sauces
- Talking with Jason Hardee About The Rufus Teague BBQ Throwdown
- Grilling Up Meat District Delights with Zack Phillips
- Talking Traeger Grill Patent Litigation with BBQ Expert Derrick Riches